Saturday 17 January 2009

A tribute

To the person in my life, who worries about me more than I could ask for.

This has been a very trying week, in and out of my doctor's office. Getting scans done and waiting anxiously for the results (note to self: angiograms are hor
rible) was quite stressful. The reason for all of this was because I "couldn't breathe". Not properly, anyway. So prior to all of this, I was in and out of the doctor's office. Thank you for convincing me that things like "stress" and "anxiety" can happen to someone like me, and that it is actually normal.

Thank you for reassuring me and making sure that I've been OK every step of the way, for being so positive and there. I'm sorry I cast a cloud over your birthday this year; I don't think any amount of chocolate can make up for that.

You know by now that in sleep, I am capable of sending messages, but the coherence of said messages cannot be guaranteed. You deserve more than that and I'm sorry I didn't manage to talk you through a tough moment.

And so this brings me to this afternoon. I've spent the past two days in bed, more or less, so things haven't been fantastic. Thank you for giving me your afternoon, for taking me out, for talking some sense into me. For the rose, the chocolate, the tea
and the time. The Whitlams said it perfectly with "Keep the light on".







And in earlier times:



No comments: