Sunday 5 July 2009

Getting married

I've decided that I'm going to marry my PhD. In other words, I'm off the market for anything much. After another three years, this marriage will run its course and we will both apply for divorce, dissolution of the marriage, or whatever it happens to be called. And we will go our merry ways. I'm not sure who will get what at the end of those years. It won't be an even split. Being ever ambitious, I'm hoping I'll get the better end of the deal.

At the moment, I'm doing most of the work in the relationship, but that's fine. It's rare that things will be equally split.

It's hard to be motivated when it's so cold. I think I've finally acclimatised to winter, but I can't say I'm loving it. My brain seems to shut down when it's cold, so it doesn't bode well for my chemistry. I'm looking towards the warmer days and weeks. And months.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Take solace in the fact that you can have a guilt-free illicit affair on the side if/when the chemistry becomes all too much. You might even end up marrying your secret lover once the divorce is finalised.