Saturday 24 February 2007

O-Day and Uni

We had O-Day this week. Short for "orientation day", where all the new first year students and everybody else comes to uni to see what it's all about, join clubs, get freebies and so on. I actually had a job to do this time. As part of the executive of the Music Society, I did a lot of running around, sitting on the stall and more running around.

This is one of the things I've grown to like about uni. You can get involved. But you have to choose to. No-one is going to make you.
It took me a while to see that, but it has finally happened. It's now a matter of fitting as much as I can into life, losing as much sleep as possible, burning my candle from all ends, and so on, while I'm still (relatively) young.

Uni starts tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it. It will most probably be my last year here at UTS, before I trek back down the road to Sydney Uni. Here's to another year of very little sleep, lots of paper and a bucketload more fun.

2 comments:

Frank Baron said...

Sounds like a plan to me. :)

Frank Baron said...

HELLOOOOOOOO?!!!

Anyone home?

:)